• Earl Grey tea was named after Charles Grey, the second earl in his line. He was Prime Minister to King William IV in the early 19th century. It is said that the Earl was given the recipe by a Chinese mandarin with whom he was friends, and whose life he had saved.
• Earl Grey Tea gets its flavours from the oil, which is extracted from the rind of the small acidic Bergamot orange. The Bergamot tree can be found in Calabria in the south of Italy. This is where the majority of the world's bergamot oil comes from
• Different versions of Earl Grey exist depending on what type of base tea is used and what type of bergamot oil is used. Our Earl Grey Tea is made using a Chinese Black Tea base, which is closer to what Earl Grey would have originally tasted like.
• Made from the finest Chinese black tea and natural flavourings and hand-crafted by us in Edinburgh.
• Earl Grey can be enjoyed black, with a slice of lemon or with milk.
• Our Earl Grey Tea is packed by hand in Edinburgh using infinitely recyclable aluminium caddies with a plastic free inner or resealable stand-up pouches
|Ingredients:||Chinese black tea, bergamot oil|
|3-5g (2 tsp)||100°C||450ml||3-5 mins|